Sunday, May 24, 2009

She's Not a Girl Who Misses Much

For Memorial Day I'm drinking, singing along with my speakers, and reflecting on some of the finer thangs. Booze, kicks, and televised sporting events. RIP Blackhawks and Brewers. These trifles often pale in comparison to the finest jams.

Sorry Mr. Dylan, I'll get to you some week. No rush. My ears were busy digesting (or being digested by) the White Album. It's been years since my first listen and the revival has been a mind-bending pleasure. Dopeness. Do do do do do do, oh yeah.

Dank nugget of wisdom from Wikipedia/Rolling Stone:

According to Lennon, the title came from the cover of a gun magazine that producer George Martin showed him: "I think he showed me a cover of a magazine that said 'Happiness Is a Warm Gun.' It was a gun magazine. I just thought it was a fantastic, insane thing to say. A warm gun means you just shot something."


No comments:

Post a Comment