Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ghostland Observatory

Two Guys and Some Lasers


At the outset of this blog I mentioned dance music and the major renaissance it was enjoying. Today it is my distinct pleasure to introduce those unfamiliar to Ghostland Observatory, an electro-rock funk duo from Austin, TX. I’ll keep this week’s post short as I think some of these posts have been getting a little preachy cough gabe cough. Just kidding, but not really, or am I? No, no I’m not.

On to the music…

Below are 5 of my absolute favorite tracks from GO’s 3-album discography. Upon listening and breaking out into uncontrollable dance, you can check them out here.


These guys rock. And as you can tell by their YouTube videos (below), you apparently leave their concerts deaf AND blind, which is cool, stage presence is definitely something these guys have plenty of.

Enjoy the tunes for this most excellent Thursday, and next week we’ll explore the true meaning of ‘TALENT.’

Until then, adios.


Ps. Big thanks to laportapottie. Photo cred: Chad Wadsworth.


for a live taste (@the metro in chicago):


yes, lasers:

2 comments:

  1. Preachiness is the new black. Now more than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like the sounds of Ghostland Observatory but you are looking for a group that has master the art of the high leg kick... I recommend Gil Mantera's Party Dream, aka GMPD. This group deserves a full days post but until that day comes, check out the following links.

    "Elmo's Wish" music video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qygN2En0U0I

    "Eyes of Blue" Live at the Empty Bottle - Chicago
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLqP8g-uVJ0

    Official Website
    http://www.partydream.com

    You can't go wrong with names like Gil Mantera and Ultimate Donny.

    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete