Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Hackensaw Boys

The Hackensaw Boys

Their Website

A wonderful music vid....



Hey All –

I’d like to keep the bluegrass train rollin’ right along this week with one of my favorite small-time bluegrass bands. I’ve seen the Hackensaw Boys several times in concert, and from what I can tell they are six young guys who really love the music they play and have a lot of fun playing it. They’re a lot of fun to watch and I think their nicknames give good insight into the type of fellas they are (Cousin Spits, Baby J, Salvage, Mahlon, Four, and Plang Tang). Last time I saw them they all jumped down off of stage and finished off the set playing amongst the crowd, even letting audience members help out a bit. They are all very talented, and put on a very high energy set. It doesn’t take them long to get the whole crowd dancing. They have been around for a while and have put out a number of albums. I’ve only got two of then, but enjoy them both.

...This is a great recording from one of their live shows, absolutely love it!



Enjoy, Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment