Tuesday, April 6, 2010

H-Town Music

Houston, TX --

This song by Drake caught my attention because it was about Houston, and interestingly enough, it sounded like he was rapping fondly about it. No mention of traffic, humidity, or illegals, but only 'f*cking bitches like I'm in Houston.' Strangely, the majority of my time in Houston is spent dealing with the former rather than the latter.

Upon further inspection, Drake is actually the most interesting person I've ever Wikipediaed. Heres why:
- He was born in Canada. Why he made a song about Houston is beyond me
- He was an actor on DeGrassi: The Next Generation. He played a basketball player (shocker) on the series that never quite live up to the original DeGrassi. Doesn't that officially ruin all of your street cred?
- His dad is a Memphis African American and his mom is a Jewish Canadian. Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall for that hook-up
- Drake is apparently good friends with Coach Cal from UK. Coach Cal officially has the strangest group of famous black dudes as friends. Seriously, how does he make these friends? Something about that guy just doesn't sit well with me.



1 comment:

  1. Awesome. I had just stumbled across this dope track by Drake as well:
    http://goldenbloggen.com/01%20Over.mp3

    ReplyDelete