Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Collie Buddz

Gonna be a short post this week as I'm knee deep in getting ready to head to Southwest Colorado for the Telluride Bluegrass Festival this weekend. Watch this space in about a week for a full trip report.

Lately I've been listening to a Podcast at work called Endless Boundaries Jam Radio. Its a weekly Saturday night radio show broadcast out of the Northeast that archives their shows and releases them in podcast form. I like it because they play a lot of my favorite bands but also feature a lot of music that is completely new to me. One genre that gets a lot of play is dub reggae which I have really taken a liking to.

Because the copyright restrictions for podcasts are different from live radio play, some songs that were on the nightly show cannot be put on the podcast. Recently the host Jaybird has used the song "Herb Tree" by Collie Budzz a couple of times to fill that blank space on the podcast.



Obviously, its not difficult to see what the subject material of the lyrics are but that's not why I like it. The guy's voice is so chill and the song so relaxing that I can't get enough of it. He has only released one album, a self titled effort from 2007 but there is a new on in the works. To hear more, check out some tracks from "Collie Buddz" below.


No comments:

Post a Comment