Friday, December 2, 2011

TSAD Winter Resurrection: J Roddy Walston and The Go! Team Redux

I thought I'd jump back into the TSAD fray by discussing a couple of bands that, while they've been on the blog before, deserve a little more of our time.

First up is J Roddy Walston and the Business. Steve mentioned them briefly in one of his ACL previews. I love this band. Fantastic blues rock. J Roddy is like a modern day Jerry Lee Lewis, pounding his piano keys while rocking out with a band that gives his songs one hell of a thump. It's the sort of stuff that Ben would describe as "rootsy" (possibly the highest compliment he can give a band) and the kind of stuff I would have featured in my erstwhile "Where has all the real rock gone?" series had I known about them back then. Drink it in:

Don't Break the Needle:


Caroline:


From ACL 2011:


Next we have The Go! Team. Gabe posted an NFL commercial featuring one of their songs (all of the Play 60 commercials I've seen use Go! Team songs). These guys had a critically acclaimed debut album back in 2004 and have cranked out a couple more albums since then. I don't particularly care for the cheerleader-style vocals; I'm here for the rockin instrumental tracks. Here are a couple:

Bust Out Brigade:
The Go! Team - Bust-Out Brigade by thegoteam

Frienship Update:


And one for Nate:
The Go! Team - Apollo Throwdown (Star Slinger Remix) by thegoteam

Websites:
J Roddy Walston and The Business
The Go! Team

Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment