Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thanks for Existing - TSAD Year 2


We've all had high moments, low moments, crazy times, and boring times. And on any and all of those occasions there are certain songs that you hear and think to yourself, "man, I'm glad this song exists." Grab this mixtape and you'll hear a set of songs that make us say the thing.

Download Thanks For Existing Here


We're proud of this mix. No one forgot where they came from; a number tracks from our youth are on display here, warts and all. Some of these bands played a role in making us the music lovers we are today. Those are the bands that we're especially thankful for. These aren't necessarily our favorite songs, they're the ones that sneak up on us out of nowhere and make us happy.

So here it is: 28 songs, 2.5 hours, 2 CDs. A few tracks from each of us. There's an absurd amount of musical ground covered, but what else would you expect? This is TSAD-Year 2, our birthday present to you. Join us as we give thanks.

Thanks For Existing


TSAD


Here's a few comments from our contributors as this mix was coming together:

I applaud the continued pursuit of legendary mixtape status. - Gabe

I've got it cut down to 30 songs right now, I think I may just draw names out of a hat from here. - Ben

I looked at this from the perspective of songs I wish I had written. - Cole

I could listen to these daily, or once a year. Either way, I'm glad they exist. - Levy (the guy who came up with this idea)

Chyeaaaaah booooooooooy. - Nate

1 comment: