Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Weezer

EDIT: on a random note a friend just turned my attention to this hilarious story (thanks Kunal).

I haven't been a Weezer fan since 2001. After their five year hiatus, Matt Sharp leaving the band (not to mention his lawsuits against the band) and the bust that was the Green Album I gave up on them. My decision was justified by the further releases of Maladroit (I actually kind of liked this one), Make Believe, the Red Album, Ratitude, and now Hurley (not to mention their "highly anticipated" new album Death to False Metal). That being said the band is still capable of pulling off some really cool things (I'm not talking about their awful covers of MGMT and Lady Gaga):

I know this pertains to only a few of you (Chicagoans), but Weezer just announced the Chicago dates for their Memories Tour. Those of you, like me, who absolutely love the Blue Album and Pinkerton will get a chance to hear both performed in their entirety. It's going down January 7th and 8th at the Aragon for about $50 per show. Tickets go on sale this Saturday at 10 am (CDT)***. I will hopefully be there for both. Here's a little reminder of how good this band can be:





***I am in no way affiliated with the band Weezer nor am I being paid to plug this concert. If it were any other event by the band I would actively persuade you, the reader, NOT to partake.

No comments:

Post a Comment