Thursday, June 3, 2010

Tame Impala

Like a goddamn time machine for your ears.
As we mourn the loss of Lala this week, we must explore other avenues to find and listen to new music on the web (fucking Apple). I found out about these excellent thursday jams from my old friend Twitter:


Thank you Flying Lotus. Thank you for recommending my new favorite summer jams. Thank you for giving me something to do Mon June 21st. Thank you for Tame Impala.

This rock trio from Perth, Australia reminds me of The Beatles' more psychedelic stuff combined with a grungier hendrix-y sound.

Here are a couple of tracks off their new release InnerSpeaker - an AWESOME disc, and one of two CDs out right now I'd tell you to run out and buy IMMEDIATELY.

My favorite track on the album:






More on their MySpace page.

In Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment