Monday, March 1, 2010

IPOD Tragedy

Broken IPOD loses 10,000 songs

I have an unfortunate and devestating reply to the the previous post about the joys of IPOD music. This weekend I lost over 10K+ songs when my 60 gig IPOD was broken.

I can appreciate exactly what Steve was talking about, listening to old songs, and finding new stuff hidden in the masses of music onboard the ipod. On roadtrips, the random selection is always awesome to search until you find a show you want to listen to fully. I have been accumulating those 10k songs over the past 5 years from various friends computers, and have very few of the songs saved on my new laptop.

Over the weekend my parents came down to Charleston to visit. My Dad was helping me install some insulation in the attic of my house. While working, I figured we could use some tunes to keep us moving while doing such miserable itchy work. Well my mom was hanging around downstairs and decided she wanted to change the music, while not really knowing how to work the ipod. Then her phone rings while messin with it, she drops the IPOD and bam, 5 years of musical archives are gone. Tha hard drive was smashed, it sounds like there are bb's rolling around inside.

On the bright side, she has offered to replace the ipod, which is why I am posting this to TSAD. I am very grateful to have new music offered up daily as I start with a fresh palate, trying to refresh my music library.

Here are some examples of what I will miss the most

MIKI GONZALES - found in PERU 2007




JGB




Talking Heads

1 comment:

  1. sorry about the bad news bud .... its OK though you can rebuild.

    I'll bring some good shit down to Hilton head for ya

    ReplyDelete