Sunday, November 8, 2009

Soul Position



RJD2 is a good producer. Blueprint is a good emcee. Together they make a great duo known as Soul Position. Lush beats and thoughtful rhymes are the order of the day. At times, Blueprint can be rather dramatic (I agree with Allmusic on this point). It's all good though. There's more than enough here to keep me interested through two full length albums. Soul Position provide polished, modern hip-hop. That's all I ever wanted. So here's to rockin' out in the car, plane, or train on the way home from work. Til next time...closed circuit to (faithful TSAD follower) Dr. Dre: Where the fuck is Detox? Perhaps next week I'll do some research to determine the status of that release.

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit that I bought both the 8 Million Stories EP on CD and Vinyl AND the instrumental CD right when it was released. When I go back and listen to it now I can still get into it slightly, but the fact that they put echo on every single word Blueprint says for the entire album just served to bum me out.

    ReplyDelete