Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Blakroc - From The Black Keys

I had to basically hack into Pitchfork to get this link to play, so you damn well better enjoy it. The Black Keys - one of the best out there, went a little nutty and decided to put together a hip hop project. At first it sounds like a crazy/bound -to-fail idea - until you put Mos Def, RZA, Raekwon, Q-Tip, Ludacris, Pharoahe Monch, Billy Danze (the angriest dude from MOP), and Jim Jones - all on one LP with The Black Keys.

They have some good teasers on their website too, check it out: http://blakroc.com/index.html

Here's the sample, it's a song with Mos Def and Jim Jones with The Keys in the back. Just when I was getting down on hip hop again...









6 comments:

  1. The Black Keys and hip hop? Dude. DUDE.

    The countdown to 11/27 is on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not kidding. This may have been the first time I put an album release date in my Outlook, ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That combination of sounds reminds me a little bit of Citizen Cope

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is my favorite thing ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete