Thursday, June 11, 2009

Efterklang

I just couldn't do it

So I had this great poppy indie-rock disc to share, banking on the fact that the weather here would be at least spring-esq, but alas, as I write this it's 57 and raining, again. So Eff that, instead, something a little more introspective to listen to today.

This is Efterklang, a collective from Copenhagen. Interestingly, an actual member of their group plays the video camera, or is more accurately, a VJ. They make music, he makes art for their music, we get to enjoy both.

Here's a sweet video exhibiting said collaborations:



These guys have a penchant for epic, multi-tiered songs, tons of instruments, and interesting vocals. This next song is just beautiful, and is one of my favorites:


Him Poe Poe.mp3


...and here's a few more:

Caravan.mp3


Falling Horses.mp3


Hands Playing Butterfly.mp3


Himmelbjerget.mp3


Anyways, thanks to Amy for introducing me to these guys a while back. Hope ya dig.

til next time...

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure "Himmelbjerget" is going to be my new family friendly curse word on the disc golf course.

    ReplyDelete