Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Dream


AKA the first R&B on the blog
So toward the end of 2009 while sifting through everyone and their mom's 'best-of' lists I came across The Dream. And I gotta be honest, R&B is one of my least favorite musical genres, but when I kept seeing The Dream's Love vs Money pop up, I decided to give it a listen...

And yes, It's R&B, but it's produced at an absolutely masterful level. Every beat, every vocal accompaniment, everything. We all know about Dance music's comeback this past year with artists like Cut Copy and Passion Pit, and that's what this music reminds me of. Some of the songs are like R&B lyrics over Cut Copy music, and I dig it.

Give the record a listen, especially to Rockin That Shit, Put it Down, and both parts of Love vs Money. The tracks are hot. Hope ya dig.

No comments:

Post a Comment