Monday, August 15, 2011

ACL Preview!


Austin, TX --

From Friday September 16 - Sunday September 18, the Austin City Limits festival comes to Zilker Park in Austin for the 10th year. It will be my first time attending and I wanted to do some research in advance to maximize. I'll be attending with some fellow TSAD-ers and loyal TSAD readers, so hopefully others can benefit from some published research.



If you haven't been to Austin, TX and you like music, put it on your list .. Known around here as the Live Music Capital of the World (Texans like to make everything 'of the World' because they only consider the world to be contained within the Texas borders), Austin is always hosting a good act. Throw in an awesome food truck scene and an interesting mix of cowboys, hipsters, students, politicians, minorities, homeless people, drunks and general revelers, and you've got yourself a pretty damn good time any given weekend.

What I'm going to do is throw a few artists up that I am excited about and list the time of their performance for to-be attendees. For those you that are not attending, you may continue to read at your own risk of becoming extremely jealous and depressed thinking about how much fun I am going to be having while you are sitting home watching your college football team that is probably much worse than mine (go cocks) and re-reading all of my ACL Preview posts.

Asleep at the Wheel - AMD Stage Friday 12:25 - 1:10 - Texas music


Reptar - Austin Ventures Stage Friday 1:20 - 2:00


North MS All Stars - Austin Ventures Stage Friday 5 - 5:30 - not to be missed



And the show I wouldn't be caught dead at ...
The Secret Sisters - The Zilker Stage Friday 1:30 - not soon enough



That takes me through 5:30 on Friday ... more to come later including two and a half more days of artists, drunken Austin food truck reviews and a transportation issue that I need help with ...

Later, SP

No comments:

Post a Comment