Sunday, March 7, 2010

Gorillaz - Plastic Beach



Gorillaz have created a dope new record named Plastic Beach. I fucking love this album. I also love Gorillaz, tripped-out animation, and futuristic shit in general. I must say, I'm not usually down with the synthed-out pop feel that's on display in many of these tracks. Well, me boy, from now on it's all synth, all the time. What persuaded me to change my tune? Perhaps it's the good will that's been built up through previous awesomeness that motivated me to give it a chance. Perhaps it's the fact that I'm a hip-hop guy and the album kicks off with Snoop welcoming us "...To The World of the Plastic Beach". This welcome works perfectly to set the stage for both the style and substance of the rest of the album. Packed with funky grooves and some well-placed guest appearances. Smooth.

Be warned, even if these syles aren't your usual cup o' tea, they might just get under your skin, drive you crazy, and cause you bust out dance moves in public.

Leaders in the Clubhouse: Rhinestone Eyes, Stylo (Bruce Willis?!), Plastic Beach (included below because of an upload error in the lala playlist)

1 comment:

  1. dude, i cant get enough of the snoop dog track. bitchin.

    ReplyDelete