Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Whiskeytown: Stranger's Almanac

Whiskeytown – Strangers Almanac.

Track One: Inn Town

Hey All. My musical offering to you this week is not a new one. I’d like to bring to light one of my most frequently played albums. The album, Stranger’s Almanac, was the second offering from the band Whiskeytown. Whiskeytown’s history is a brief (1994-1999) and tumultuous one.

Despite only being together for five years the band, lead by a very young Ryan Adams, is widely considered to be one of the most successful bands in the history of Alt-country music. That being said, I find that not too many people have heard them.

Stranger’s Almanac is one of the few albums that I find completely bulletproof. It is rock solid the entire way through; regardless of how many times I’ve listened to it I seldom skip past any tracks.

- ben.

Here are some live videos of a couple tracks from the album. Although the videos aren't the finest of quality (they are from 15 years ago), I found them enjoyable; hopefully they'll spark your interest enough to check out the album if you haven't already.



No comments:

Post a Comment