Sunday, March 15, 2009

Mocean Worker - Enter the Mowo!

So I'm the Monday man. What a great responsibilty. Its my job to make sure the worst day of the week is just a little bit better. You'll hear a smattering of music from me from different corners of the world. I'll probably always reference a place when I write about music because to me, it helps the listener understand the context of the music.

GREENVILLE, SC -- A big hit from back in Greenville, SC days ... I figured it would be best to start with a classic. If you ever get to Greenville, a stop in Addy's bar is a requirement. Its a hole in the wall with dim lighting and various forms of house projecting from Addy the Dutchmen's stereo. Mocean Worker could possibly be described as acid jazz in most cases with some breaks, funk, and lounge on some of the more spaced out tracks. Sounds even better in a smoky dutch bar after 5 or 6 jack and gingers ...





The album that I know and love is called 'Enter The MoWo!' He has gone on to make some newer albums but I have not sufficiently explored those yet. Enter the Mowo! is a great album start to finish and the torrent file can be found here:
http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/40246176/enter+the+mowo?tab=summary

Keep in mind that you will need to download the torrent file first, and then run it through a program like utorrent.com or vuze.com.

If you are interested in exploring more, check out the artist page on last.fm here:
http://www.last.fm/music/Mocean+Worker



Cheers, until next week. I should have a hot show review from a Nashville Friday nite gig. Representing the music city ...

- SP

No comments:

Post a Comment