Friday, February 12, 2010

New Music Friday - Yeasayer, Hot Chip, ALO

Short and sweet this week:

Yeasayer played Ambling Alp on Jimmy Fallon two nights ago and KILLED it. The bassist just owns the end of this performance. Check this video out first, then read on for more goodness. UPDATE: They booted my youtube video, so fast forward to the 36:10 mark of the video below. Worth the effort.

Thanks to Neelu for this. They're playing the Metro in Chicago on April 29th. I'll be there.

Yeasayer - Odd Blood
More electronic, less psychedelic than their first effort. Still awesome.


Hot Chip - One Life Stand
More thoughtful, less fun than their previous album. I barely even wanted to dance when I heard it. Still, there are some highlights.


ALO - Man of the World
ALO is short for Animal Liberation Orchestra. Yeah, they're a jam band. I couldn't find a vid for any of their new songs, so here's a classic. You can find their new work on lala if you dig.


Stew

No comments:

Post a Comment